Executive communications strategist with extensive experience in policy and advocacy and developing and managing complex persuasion and outreach efforts. Results-oriented leader with a deep background in creating and executing compelling earned and paid media, directing legislative and issue advocacy campaigns at the local, state and national level, adapting and promoting multimedia tools for targeted outreach nationally and internationally, and building and motivating teams.
Strategic Communications Public Affairs
Social Media & Journalism Advertising & Media Production
New Business Development Campaign & Event Management
Creating integrated content to cost-effectively engage targeted audiences and advance clients’ goals. Combining experience as a daily newspaper reporter and Capitol Hill policy and communications aide with a career in strategic communications and video and multimedia production, Snider works in teams of journalists and communications and media strategists to produce and elevate credible and compelling content to build and manage brand and reputation across the web, social media, multimedia channels and print.
NATIONAL EDUCATION ASSOCIATION
• Led strategic communications for the education reform goals of the nation’s largest organization of educators, directing conventional, online and social media, earned media outreach, and events and coalition management.
• Led senior staff in translating policy into compelling messaging and communications to elevate critical issues, drive thought leadership and build reputation in a crisis atmosphere.
• Directed multimedia Communications staff to develop and build owned content from scratch, including success stories from 42 states on NEAPrioritySchools.org, more than 150 videos on a branded YouTube channel and annualized triple-digit growth on Twitter and Facebook integrated with earned media positioning on key reform issues.
NATIONAL EDUCATION ASSOCIATION
Public Relations Manager
• Led the development and production of an annual $7 million television and radio branding and advocacy campaign, with strong minority focus, including Spanish-language media. Directed research, message development, agency management. Directed partnership with Ad Council campaign for parental engagement that generated $30 million worth of donated media.
• Created grant program for multimedia development to raise awareness and activism around inequities worldwide as NEA editorial board representative to the Communicator’s Network of Education International, a global federation of associations in 160 countries.
• Directed $1.3 million digital transition of multimedia production facility while mentoring staff transition to new media, including NEA’s first web video channels.
UNITED STATES ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY
Director of Public Affairs
• Appointed by the Clinton White House to lead departments of Communications, Education and Media Relations and integrate policy messaging across the administration and senior communications advisor on critical environmental and public health issues.
• Led redesign of website from research tool to targeted news and advocacy outlet.
Media Strategist and Principal; 1991-1998
KING HARVEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC. | Strategic consulting and media production services to corporate, government, labor and non-profit organizations. Award-winning production, including Corporate Image Video and Public Service Advertising; services including message development, media training, speechwriting. Clients included Pew Charitable Trusts, International Foundation for Election Systems, National Alliance for the Mentally Ill, U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, National Education Association, and Bass Angler Sportsman Society.
MACWILLIAMS COSGROVE SNIDER SMITH ROBINSON, INC. | Strategy and media production for candidate and issue votes in 18 states. Communications counsel and media training for nonprofits including education and environmental groups and foundations. Expertise includes television and print advertising, speeches and press materials.
Education: B.A., Urban Studies; University of Maryland, College Park.